Saturday, June 8, 2013

Degreasing an Oil Slick

     Like many other ladies out there, I suffer from oily skin. However, mine is not of the oil-prone T-zone variety... it looks more like some one is trying to fry chicken on my face. At the end of a day, I can swipe a finger over my forehead and have it look like I dipped it in canola oil (only a slight dramatization.) As a result, I find myself constantly blot, blot, blotting. The best blotting papers I have ever used were from Sephora, the Sephora brand, made with activated charcoal, and were ah-mazing at a great price. They were also discontinued.
     Another brand I've used is the Clean & Clear, which is more plastic film than paper. They work OK, but I'm not a fan of how they feel like vinyl, how flimsy the paper packaging is, and how few are in a pack.
     Right now I'm using Hard Candy blotting papers from Walmart, and I'm fairly content with them. They're cheap ($5 for 150), the packaging has held up well, and they do the job. I also like how they are sectioned into plastic envelopes inside the holder- it keeps them so tidy. I do wish they were bigger, though. At lunch it takes me three sheets to get to a point that is matte enough for me. 
     Below are some product pictures, and a before/ after shot of my mug on my lunch break. I have been carrying mine around, so excuse that it's not in fresh-off-the-shelf condition.




Before...

...And after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment